Global Writing Competition 2023
Global Writing Competition 2023
Registration Closing: 15 Jan 2024
Type of Competition: Online
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Global Writing Competition 2023 is returning! Open to students between 12 and 20 years old worldwide, this online event provides an opportunity to hone their creative writing abilities with the aid of an Artificial Intelligence writing tool.
Utilizing a selection of AI-enhanced features provided on Scribo Literatu, an online writing platform, students can gain insight into how AI can help upgrade their writing and alter their perspectives on writing tasks.
Unleash your creativity, connect with peers, and win exciting prizes today!
Contestants can choose to write an essay based on one of the two themes: Compassion or Impacts of Modern Innovation. Please refer to our Writing Topics for more details.
|20 Oct 2023 - 15 Jan 2024||Registration/ Submission of Entries|
|16 Jan 2024 - 30 Jan 2024||Judging of Entries|
|9 Feb 2024||Announcement of Winners|
|Category||Theme: Compassion (Narrative Essay)||
Theme: Impacts of Modern Innovation (Persuasive Essay)
|High School (12 - 15 years)||
Write a story about a time when a small act of kindness made a big impact on someone's life.
Social media has a negative impact on relationships and mental health. Do you agree?
|Senior High School (16 - 18 years old)||
Write a story about someone who showed compassion to a classmate who was bullied in school.
Technological innovation does more harm than good to the environment. Do you agree?
|University (19 - 20 years old)||
Write a story that explores the concept of "paying it forward." How can a single act of compassion inspire a chain reaction of kindness?
Society should prioritize ethical considerations of artificial intelligence over its potential for innovation and progress. Do you agree?
Students will experience two rounds of competition for Global Writing Competition 2023. First, their writings will be evaluated by our artificial intelligence writing platform Scribo, and then by our revered panel of judges. Our evaluators will evaluate entries using the accompanying judging criteria.
|Audience||Text Structure||Ideas||Character and Setting||Paragraphing|
Awards and Prizes
Top 3 Global Winners (High School / Senior High School / University)
- Amazon gift voucher worth USD 30 – 100,
- 1-year subscription to Scribo.
Top Country Winners
- Amazon gift voucher worth USD220
- 6-months subscription to Scribo.
A digital certificate of participation will be awarded to all students.
Terms and Conditions
- Marshall Cavendish Education is the organiser of the MCE Global Writing Competition.
- All information shared to us will follow Marshall Cavendish Education's data protection and privacy statements.
- Winners will be informed via email or social media messenger depending on the information given.
- Winners will be selected by the Organiser's internal panel of judges and the decision is final.
- All entries are sent at the risk of the Contestant and in the event that there are technical difficulties experienced arising out of the internet or from any associated equipment or internet security is compromised, the Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry and shall not accept any liability doing so.
- The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organisers’ sole discretion.
- Later submission will be automatically void.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the prize of equivalent value as deemed fit.
- The Organiser reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
The Best Way to Learn is with Marshall Cavendish Education
Your child learns best with Marshall Cavendish Education full suite of Digital Platforms.